Okay not a sexy topic, but a relative berated me for using a too small car seat for my little girl.
1) I knew the straps were not the right size, but she still fits in the car seat.
2) I live in NYC and don’t use the seat that often.
3) My friends don’t use a car seat that often so we “don’t know.”
4) I would never intentionally endanger my daughter.
5) You don’t have to tell me how dangerous the seat is, a simple tactful explanation would suffice.
My cousin took #5 and told me that my daughter was outgrowing the seat.
I was researching seats last night and found out that since my daughter’s head is not popping out of the top, the seat was fine. Way to make me feel like a neglectful mom, Relative #1.